Translate

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Homecoming Nails


So, my school's Homecoming was this weekend! Aaand it was great. I went with the best people ever, and I seriously could not have asked for a better first-high-school-dance experience (yup, I'm a Junior and that was my first dance). I somehow managed to get a date, after several attempts, as did all of my friends, and that is one thing that made it so awesome! And we went as friends, so it wasn't awkward :) Anyways, nails. I designed these based on my dress, and they kinda sorta match. I will post a picture below, along with a little blurb about my wonderful (FRIEND) date of mine!

So... That's me and my date, for those of you who don't know me! And for those of you who have not read my blog before, I am epileptic, meaning I have chronic seizures (you can read my full story on that here and here). Something very special about this kid, Tanner, is that he also has seizures! In this picture, I am recovering from a pretty bad seizure in which I bit my tongue and I felt like I was hit by bus for a few days. I am so thankful that I was able to go with someone like me, though, because it meant that I didn't need to feel bad when I needed to sit down outside every couple minutes because he was asking to do the same thing, too. Throughout the night, we stuck by each others sides, and that is the greatest feeling in the world. To know that I am not alone, and to know that I am not ruining someone's night by asking them to sit out with me. Neither of us can say that we really understand what the other is going through, just because our seizures are so different, but we at least both know what it feels like to lose control. Literally. I say that his seizures are worse than mine (and he'd fight me on that one...), but he is the strongest person I know. It takes so much for me to face the day sometimes, and he always wakes up with a smile on his face, ready to tackle whatever it is inside him that is taking him away from reality. I am so honored that I got to go with him to Homecoming. We kept an eye out for each other, and I know I will continue to do so. Tanner, I am so happy we are friends, and I will be praying for you!
(Oh, yeah, that sign we're holding says, 'Our doctors say we have chronic seizures .... We say we have chronic awesomeness :)' )

No comments:

Post a Comment