Translate

Monday, January 7, 2013

Rubik's Cube Nails


So, I originally saw this design on Pinterest (the website for all things creative), and I fell in love. Not because I love Rubric's Cubes; I actually really suck at them, just like everyone else in the world except Will Smith. But I just love the design, especially on nails! I did it the absolutely most hard way though. I first painted a black base coat them cut tape into very small strips and put them onto my dry nails in a # formation. The hardest and most time consuming part was cutting the tape into such small pieces, and I hate using tape because polish sticks to it and gets all messy. If I had to do it again, I'd start with a white base coat, color in nine somewhat-sloppy squares, then add in the black lines after to cover up the mess. Even though it took forever, I still think the results turned out great!

Here's a link to a YouTube video with the "easy" way to do these.

No comments:

Post a Comment